We have a number of trips, luncheons, fundraisers and dinners throughout the season. These are a great opportunity to celebrate being part of the Southern Districts Rugby Club family.
2020 Pre-Season Dinner
Friday Night 27th MARCH
TICKET SALES OPEN
160 tickets AVAILABLE
To celebrate the start of another season of Club Rugby join us at Southern Districts Rugby Club for an evening of great food, great friends and great conversation. This special evening will deliver 3 wonderful and locally catered courses and a 4 hour beverage package including Hairyman Brewing, Shark Island Brewing, Robert Oatley, Giesen, Ara and Bubbles galore. Note: Please call the club should you have any special dietary needs.
Michael Osmond & Olivia White
Wallabies legend, Caringbah born and bred Nick Farr-Jones will talk about growing up in the Shire, playing multiple sports, his time at Newington College where he fell into Rugby and as an added bonus, his world Cup leadership views.
Win The Box Seat
Cash Door Raffle // Trip for 2 to NZ
Live Auctions including Hamilton Island accommodation
Raffle Prizes galore
Entertainment - LIVE MUSIC
Johnny Masters Duo from 9pm - late
SIT DOWN DINING - CATERED BY WAYNE ELSTUB
- Deconstructed ocean king prawn cocktail with marie rose sauce and crispy iceberg lettuce .
- Crispy cold sliced prosciutto with shaved rockmelon, pea shoots and chive vinaigrette dressing
- Crispy skin Tasmanian salmon on warm potato salad with wilted spinach
- Slow cooked lamb shank served on celeriac mash with wilted spinach
- Dessert platter for 4 (Apple Pies, Choc Salted Caramel Tarts, Italian Ricotta Tart, Mixed Fresh Fruit Tarts)
- Aurelia Prosecco - SE Australia
- Veuve Tailhah Blanc De Blanc - France
- Giesen Sauvignon Blanc - Marlborough (NZ)
- Ara Rose - Marlbrough (NZ)
- Wild Oats Shiraz Cabernet - Mudgee
- A great selection of draught beers from Hairyman and Shark Island Breweries.
- A selection of soft drinks and juices
"Wayne provided a 10 star menu and service. His food was of high quality. He and his team provided a high standard of customer service both pre-function as well as during the event. There was so much food even as a Polynesian and Maori family we could not keep up."
// Lena Jamie Mabb
"I have attended a few awesome events catered by Wayne and absolutely everything was so fresh, presented beautifully, cooked to perfection, absolutely delicious and a delight to share with other friends and enjoy every bite. His food is incredibly delicious. He's awesome!"
// Julie Clarke
buy tickets online
Table Ticket - 10 People
Double Ticket (Special offer)
This special double ticket is for a member or guest to bring their wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, carer or partner. We are an inclusive family club and want to see more of you come along and enjoy the good times.
Time: 6:30pm for a 7:00pm start
Location: SD Rugby Club
Cost: See Above
2020 Season Major Fundraiser
With the huge success of the 2019 event, we have secured the date.
Time: 12:00pm for 12:30 start
Location: Doltone House Darling Island Wharf